GRAPHIC DESIGN: ENTRY LEVEL POSITION
The junior graphic designer is responsible for graphic design/layout, typography, production detail, vendor and project management.
- Demonstrates creative, technical and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
- Must be willing to work the hours necessary to complete the job and respond reasonably to the requests of the development team.
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and adjustments.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time and in high quality.
- Strong Organizational skills for archiving digital files and easily accessing associating paperwork.
- Utilizes storyboarding and graphic pre-designs where appropriate.
1) Conceptual Development
This position assists with creative concept and development, and must be able to adapt these concepts to fit the medium that best serves the clients’ interests.
2) Process Skills
This position requires an employee to have knowledge of all processes involved in print and electronic media. This includes determining papers, colors, printing processes, and camera ready output. One must also have knowledge of the different formats and requirements acceptable to any electronic media outlet.
3) Design Skills
This position must have knowledge of typography, spatial orientation, the handling and manipulation of images, freehand graphics, and basic design elements.
4) Job Proofing Skills
This position requires someone who can ensure that work isn’t output without proper internal proofing and client approval. This includes ensuring proper formats are followed and final preparations are completed.
5) Client & Vendor Relations
Although this position doesn’t always require client interaction, this person must have exceptional listening skills. KSM is a very client-focused organization and this person must be willing to interact with the customer base and translate their ideas into effective design. This person must be willing to accept that the clients’ ideas are not always right, but must be given utmost consideration. This person may also be called upon to make presentations when needed.
6) Workload Organization Skills
This position requires someone who can prioritize, organize, and manage a substantial workload. This includes being able to complete jobs in a timely manner or on a specified deadline. This skill set also involves being able to finish jobs in less time than quoted in order to maximize profitability. One must also be able to complete in house paperwork to ensure proper billing and documentation. This person should work in tandem with others in the design department, sharing responsibility of workloads, quality control and the like.
7) Perform all other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
Related experience within the advertising industry is preferable. Bachelor of Arts degree required.
• Practical experience in development of creation with Photoshop, Illustrator, (Adobe Creative Suite), multimedia creation, ActionScript, (Macromedia Studio), InDesign, Powerpoint and other programs usually required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Solid background in copywriting, proofing and graphic design
• Knowledge and skill to handle web language and applications a bonus
• General understanding of website development and front-to-back functionality
• Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
• Problem-solving and pro-active guidance
• Graphic Design / Campaign and Corporate Branding Skills
• Typesetting for digital and static applications
• Customer Focus, Creativity, Flexibility
• Detail-Oriented and strong organizational skills
• Deadline-Oriented and able to multi-task
• Self-motivated, strong work ethic and attitude
COMPENSATION: Salary plus benefits, paid vacation and IRA options
CONTACT: Cindy Smith, Owner email@example.com